What are wildlife?
Wildlife near your home aren’t as cute as the cartoons make them out to be. These invaders can seriously threaten your well-being, not to mention the structure of your property. Some of the most common wildlife invaders we deal with include possums, raccoons, and squirrels.
- Possums – Possums, also known as opossums, are marsupials that nest inside sheds and other parts of your structure. They hiss defensively at those they find threatening. They themselves, however, pose no real threat.
- Raccoons - Known for their distinguishable black mask of fur covering the area around their eyes, raccoons are mid-sized mammals that have round bodies and long bushy tails. They are skilled climbers that can easily move through vents, chimneys, windows, and other high-up places near the roof.
- Squirrels – Squirrels are medium-sized wildlife pests that are actually rodents. They are common area intruders that forage for food on our properties. With over 200 species of these bushy-tailed invaders worldwide, it’s no wonder we see them so frequently.
Are wildlife dangerous?
When it comes to wildlife activity, there are a variety of dangers at play. Here are some of the main and most common problems caused by wildlife pests:
- Destruction of yards and gardens
- Contamination via droppings, urine, and feces
- Extensive and costly property damage
- Harborage and building nests within the home
- Overall destabilization of structures
- Potential of harmful disease transmission via bites, scratches, and contamination
- The rummaging through and scattering of garbage and trash
- The nuisance of strange noises
If you want to effectively protect your home or business from the threats of a wildlife infestation, we highly recommend ongoing services from pest professionals. All State Pest Control will tackle all your wildlife control and prevention needs.
How do I get rid of wildlife?
It’s not easy to deal with wildlife pests. If you suspect or discover any wildlife activity in or around your property, do not try to remove them by yourself. It can be dangerous to try and eliminate wildlife without the proper equipment and experience. It’s crucial to hire a professional Nassau County pest control company to address your wildlife control needs.
All State Pest Control offers professional wildlife removal services that give you the year-round coverage you’re looking for. Get in touch with us today to set up your initial inspection, and we will get the ball rolling. We look forward to providing you with the extensive wildlife protection you deserve.
How can I prevent wildlife in the future?
When you think about the long list of consequences that can result from a wildlife invasion, the best way to approach your prevention efforts is to be proactive. Here are some tips for protecting your property from wildlife pests:
- Address leaky pipes or clogged drains promptly.
- Eliminate sites of excess moisture.
- Inspect potential entry points where utilities enter the home.
- Keep all food in hard plastic containers with tightly sealed lids.
- Keep attics, crawl spaces, and basements well ventilated and dry.
- Maintain organized storage areas and keep boxes off the floor.
- Make sure all trash bins are sufficiently covered.
- Clean up spills immediately.
- Regularly clean areas where food is prepared and eaten.
- Seal cracks and holes on the exterior of your home.
- Store all your food properly, including pet food and bird seed.
- Store any firewood far away from the property.
- Store garbage cans in a locked shed or outhouse.
- Use weatherstripping and loose mortar around the foundation and windows.
If you find yourself facing wildlife on or inside your property despite your best efforts to keep them away, call the home pest control experts at All State Pest Control for help.
Recent Blog Articles
Are you experiencing a flea infestation? Today, local pest control companies have safe and effective treatment options for these potentially-dangerous pest...Read More
Learn more about the damage termites can do in your Manhattan home, what attracts them, prevention tips, and how to eliminate them with Allstate Pest Contr...Read More
Are termites actively eroding a wooden structure on your property? Promptly contact a local pest control professional before further damage occurs.Read More