Pest Spotlight: Getting Rid Of Mice Inside Your Queens Home
November 05, 2022
Mice are common pests in Queens homes. They can squeeze through tiny cracks and holes to get inside, and once they're in, they're hard to get rid of. Mice are a big problem because they can carry harmful diseases, and they can also cause damage by chewing on insulation and wires. All State Pest Control will discuss the signs of mice, the dangers they pose, and the safest way to get rid of them with pest control in Queens.
Signs Of Mice In Your Queens Home
So how do you know if you have mice in your home? Look for the following signs:
- Droppings: Mice leave behind small, black droppings wherever they go. If you find mouse droppings in your cupboards or on countertops, that's a good sign that you have mice.
- Noises: These pests are active at night, so you may hear mice squeaking or running around inside your walls.
- Gnaw marks: Mice like to gnaw on things, so look for small chew marks on woodwork or food packaging.
- Nesting materials: Mice will build nests out of anything they can find, including insulation, paper, and fabric. If you find a nest in your home, there's a good chance you have a mouse infestation in your walls.
Once you've determined that you have mice in your Queens home, it's important to take action. The expert mice exterminators at All State Pest Control can help get rid of them quickly and safely.
Can Mice Inside Your Home Make You Sick?
Yes, one of the biggest issues with a Queens mouse infestation is that mice can carry diseases that can make humans extremely sick. Some of the diseases that mice can carry include hantavirus, salmonellosis, and leptospirosis. These diseases can be transmitted to humans through contact with mouse droppings, urine, or saliva. If you think you may have been exposed to a disease carried by mice, be sure to see a doctor right away.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Mice Inside
When you have mice in your home, your first thought may be to run to the store and buy some mouse traps. The problem with store-bought mouse traps is that they can be dangerous for children and pets and are often ineffective. The safest way to get rid of mice is to call a professional pest control company like All-State Pest Control. We will come to your home and inspect for mice. We will then strategically place professional-grade mouse traps around your home in areas where mice are most likely to travel. This ensures that the mice are caught without putting your family at risk.
Natural Mouse Prevention Tips For Queens Homes
If you're looking for a natural way to keep mice away from your house, there are a few things you can do:
- Clean up your yard. Mice like to nest in cluttered areas, so keep your yard clean and free of debris.
- Keep food sealed. Mice are attracted to food, so make sure all food is properly sealed.
- Seal up cracks and holes. Mice can squeeze through tiny cracks and holes, so seal up any cracks or holes that they may use to access your home.
- Use mouse-proof containers. If you have food that needs to be stored, use sturdy containers with tight-fitting lids.
Following these tips will help to keep mice out of your home and prevent them from getting inside. If you already have mice in your Queens home, it's time to call in the pros. All State Pest Control will effectively get rid of the mice in your house with our Queens rodent control services so you can rest assured that your family is safe. Contact us today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Queens, and to schedule a free inspection.